What is Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a very gentle treatment that uses light pressure and slow rhythmic movements in sequences to stimulate the lymphatic system to encourage the flow of lymph through the body and move fluid away from any area that is not working properly. In the case of lymphoedema MLD is used to move the fluid to an area that is working effectively.
How can MLD benefit you?
- Relieves fluid congestion – swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs, including during pregnancy
- Boosts the immune system so is great for people who suffer regularly from colds, viruses, flu and sinusitis
- Has a positive effect on the skin and can help to improve chronic skin conditions
- Improves energy levels and general feelings of health and wellness if you are feeling run down and low in energy
- Supports natural detox programmes
- Promotes deep relaxation and sleep
- Helps to reduce joint pain and pain from fracture, sprains and rheumatism
When is it not advisable?
Lymphatic drainage is not advised for anyone with acute inflammation, malignant tumours, thrombosis or major heart problems. Because of its effect on the immune system, people with diabetes, thyroid or kidney problems, asthma or epilepsy should seek medical advice before treatment. I do not currently treat people who are receiving treatment for cancer. It is also advisable that women do not undergo lymphatic drainage while menstruating.
How much does it cost?
40 minutes £30
60 minutes £40
90 minutes £56
Please add £8 to your first treatment which will include an extra 15 minute consultation to tailor the treatment to your needs (generally only applicable for 40 minute treatment).
Please ask me about concessions on 6 weekly treatment packages where you can save 5%